I needed to create a card for a work colleague so this is what I have done this evening
To start, I ran a piece of Centura Pearl card stock through the ebosser with the free embossing folder.
I then inked the embossed card (the pearl side) with tattered rose, Victorian velvet, fired brick & barn door distress inks starting with the lightest. Then layered this onto a mat of matt gold card stock.
I cut a 6cm wide strip of the same gold card stock to fit and a 5cm wide strip of centura pearl card stock. I ran this through the ebosser again with the same folder and inked as above. I layered this piece onto the gold card stock. I then tied on the bow. One day, I will get around to showing how I do mine like this, I was shown the method at a craft class a few years back by a lady called Dawn Inskip so she gets all the credit.
The sentiment is by Dreamees - I have them all and they are lovely.
I used X-cut dies to cut out both the sentiment and the mat and attached them with foam pads to the backing. The butterflies are Marianne dies (I think - may be wrong though).
The BIGGEST surprise of all though is that after 4 YEARS - I unpacked my melt pot. Well, in truth, I unpacked it 3 weeks ago. But TONIGHT, I actually used it :-) I have a silicon mould that I got from eBay with the idea of using the flowers with paper clay so decided to use this for my first attempt. I poured 6 in total. was happy with 5 of them and threw the other one back in the melt pot. I only ended up using 1 but I have 4 for other projects :-) I rubbed over the embellishment with some gilding wax
Now that I have broken the duck of using it, I shall definitely be using it again.
Hope you like it and thank you for stopping by my blog today x