I was asked to make a card for a lovely lady's uncle who shares his birthday with my own mums next week on the 15th January.
Earlier today, I watched Leandra's YouTube video on 'Painted Clusters' so when I got around to making this card this evening, I still had some of the idea's in my head.
When I watch a video, from any demonstrator, I prefer to make my project using the idea's and inspiration, rather than just try and do the exact same project. This gives a whole new scope for boo-boo's :-)
And then go ahead and use what you have in your stash already and not go off shopping and loose the plot.
So, what did I do.....................
I took a papermania kraft card blank, cut it in half to make a mat and a papermania tri-boss embossing folder and ran it through the ebosser. (I clubbed my xmas bonus's together from my lovely cleaning clients and invested in one).
I then stuck some mesh tape over the blank edge and painted over with Cinnamon Fresco paint, dried it, then a light coat of Chocolate Pudding Fresco paint, knocking back with a baby wipe. Then a layer of Pumpkin Soup Fresco paint.
Fresco paints from paperartsy come in 3 'flavours' - Opaque, Semi-opaque & translucent. I don't have many but am liking the effects you can create with them. Leandra has some excellent technique video's on her YouTube Channel.
I then dry brushed some Treasure Gold - Copper over the embossed area's and dried it all off.
Then I use some DoCrafts Artiste Vanilla bean paint in a very diluted state all over the top and again knocked it back with a baby wipe. Having the treasure gold underneath gave a nice effect through the dilute acrylic paint.
The wooden cogs and letters were painted with the vanilla bean acrylic paint to start then I used a dry stencil brush to dab on chocolate pudding fresco paint and pumpkin soup fresco paint.
Using a small foam dabber I added some Treasure Gold copper very lightly.
At this point I tried some crackle glaze over the cogs but as I'd never tried it before, the technique failed. But hey ho, leave and learn. I rubbed it back with a sanding block the picked up some versamark ink on a piece of cut & dry foam and brushed on Copper Metallic Pan Pastel (does it show that I love copper)
The cogs show up more of the distress effect than the wooden letters, but then they have more surface area (now that sounded like I knew what I was on about didn't it)
The whole layer was then matted and layered onto a Kraft blank to finish
Hope you like it and thank you for dropping by my blog today xx