Was asked to make a new baby card for a lady and after hunting for almost half an hour for the acrylic stamp I wanted to use (don't EVER tidy up your stamps and put them in a file - got no chance of finding them !!!) I finally came up with this design.
The stamp image is from Wild Rose Studio. I used versafine black ink onto cream water colour paper and used Aquamarkers throughout to colour the image.
I trimmed the image and edged it with Tattered Rose Distress ink which is available from Craftsite
To make my mats I cut a 2nd piece of card 5cm larger. I inked the edges with a papermania mini ink pad and layered the topper onto the mat.
Taking an 8 x 8 scalloped card, I used a Dreamees leaf stamp in two opposing corners before using tattered Rose distress ink around the complete edge of the die. I noticed that the ink from the lead die merged with the distress ink but I was pleased with the effect so carried on.
I stamped the "Congratulations" sentiment onto cream water colour card to match the topper and used the same ink techniques as the topper.
I swirled distress ink over the remaining sheet of water colour card and made 3 torn roses to embellish the card. I then used some Create & Craft pastel blush linen card stock to cut 2 swirls & 2 corners in green and a butterfly in purple
The whole card was then assembled and I think it has a 'vintage' feel to it
Thank you for stopping by my blog today x