Planner Dashboards available in various sizes

Planner Dashboards available in various sizes
Visit my Etsy Shop

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Wall clock using combination of techniques & tools

I had no mojo or motivation to do anything today but, as my good friend Jax did too, I forced myself to do 'something'. I have had the clock blanks from Ali at  for an eon so when I stood up from my chair and saw the bag with them in, I knew what I was going to do. I began with the cardboard backing and painted it with magnolia emulsion paint. I dried it with a heat gun then took a Pritt stick and streaked across the paint. Then used some Papermania vintage gold acrylic paint and painted the entire surface, going over the glue. I dried it off then used a baby wipe to rub it back to show some of the magnolia emulsion through the acrylic paint. I then mixed a bit of course texture medium with Tesco Gold metallic paint for kids and scrapped it over the surface. I didn't want a thick texture so a lot of it was scrapped off as I just wanted a hint of texture. Again I dried it all off with a heat gun. I painted the entire surface with some Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Crackle paint and left it to dry naturally for a while until the cracks began to appear and then blasted it with the heat gun to speed up the process. Once it was dry, I took a baby wipe and after putting some distress ink on my glass mat, swiped through the ink with the baby wipe and went over the entire surface just to age it a bit. Once it was all dry, I used the 'cracked' stamp from Visible Image around the edge using Sepia versamark ink to give a subtle effect. 

The clock face itself is a Silhouette Cameo file and was cut from white centura pearl card (yes, really it was). I poured a little bit of sepia ink spray onto my mat and used a piece of ordinary kitchen sponge to ink over the entire surface. The photo doesn't do it justice as it does have a lovely gleam to it. Once it was dry, I again used the Visible Image 'cracked' stamp around the edge and one of the cogs from the same stamp set for the centre. When I held it against the main piece, the numbers were lost so I cut a circle on the Cameo to fit behind the numbers from plain brown card. I ran it through an embossing folder from Ali Reeve and used Creative Expressions 'enchanted gold' gilding wax to bring out the detail. 

Finally, I used a pokey tool to make 4 holes in the backing for the brads to give it some interest - and to hold the card stock onto the backing :-) The clock kits from Ali Higginbottom come with all the clock parts too so it is now sitting on my wall ticking away nicely :-) 

Hope you like today's little project.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today 

post signature

Saturday, 15 June 2013

Results of my play day

Today, I just wanted to play with my silhouette cameo and try out some files that I had bought recently. Here's a desk caddy that I cut and decorated up with some free papers from Simply Cards & papercraft magazine 
 This card is made from an accordion rosette file that I bought. I also finally unpacked my Inkadinkadoo Circle Cog set (they ain't the easiest of items to break into !!! A milk carton is easier lol) I love the scribble effect on the card as I stamped the four corners on a rectangular piece of card. 
 I bought this mini magazine holder to take UK A6 cards. I did have to fiddle with the sizing a bit as the original was for US A2 cards which are a little bit different. I am happy with how it turned out though. 

And here is the group shot of all my projects for today.

Thanks for dropping by my blog today

post signature