Well where do I start with the recipe for this one?
Before I do though, I have to thank all my friends on Twitter with their help & advice cos sometimes, you just need a second opinion and where else to get it quickly than Twitter xx
So, the recipe ....................
I started with a blank 6 x 6 hammered card. Using an inkylicious dusting brush, I swirled Peacock Distress ink all over the front of the card. Then using a butterfly mask from Ali Reeve, I inked over again with Broken China Distress ink. Then I sprayed the mask with water and lay it face down on the card front and gentle tapped it. Removed the mask and patted the surface with paper towel.
I ran the front of the card through the Big Shot with a peacock embossing folder to give it some texture.
Then I started with the gilding waxes - 1st layer was Creative Expressions Enchanted Gold. Followed by Creative Expressions Cast Bronze. These 2 layers themselves gave depth to the card but it wasn't enough. So I then went over with Paper Artsy Treasured Copper - left it to dry for a few minutes, then buffed it with a cloth and it came up a treat.
The butterflies were made from Martha Stewart paper clay using one of the moulds. Its a lovely texture to work with. I coloured then with Treasured Copper gilding wax.
This is where twitter came in, I felt it needed something more so with the help of my lovely friends, we decided that the butterflies needed grounding with the addition of some trails so I went off for a rummage in my drawers to find a black sakura glitter pen. Then I discovered that I don't have one. So I used sakura black metallic and then once it was dry, went over the 'trails' with sakura clear star pen. It shows up more sparkly in real life than it does on the photo.
A second rummage in my ribbon drawers produced 1 short piece of mink ribbon that had come from a top I had bought and more by luck than judgement, it fitted perfectly - just what the card needed to finish it off.
Thank you all for the help - you know who you are xx