I had no mojo or motivation to do anything today but, as my good friend Jax did too, I forced myself to do 'something'. I have had the clock blanks from Ali at Alisinkyfingers.co.uk for an eon so when I stood up from my chair and saw the bag with them in, I knew what I was going to do. I began with the cardboard backing and painted it with magnolia emulsion paint. I dried it with a heat gun then took a Pritt stick and streaked across the paint. Then used some Papermania vintage gold acrylic paint and painted the entire surface, going over the glue. I dried it off then used a baby wipe to rub it back to show some of the magnolia emulsion through the acrylic paint. I then mixed a bit of course texture medium with Tesco Gold metallic paint for kids and scrapped it over the surface. I didn't want a thick texture so a lot of it was scrapped off as I just wanted a hint of texture. Again I dried it all off with a heat gun. I painted the entire surface with some Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Crackle paint and left it to dry naturally for a while until the cracks began to appear and then blasted it with the heat gun to speed up the process. Once it was dry, I took a baby wipe and after putting some distress ink on my glass mat, swiped through the ink with the baby wipe and went over the entire surface just to age it a bit. Once it was all dry, I used the 'cracked' stamp from Visible Image around the edge using Sepia versamark ink to give a subtle effect.
The clock face itself is a Silhouette Cameo file and was cut from white centura pearl card (yes, really it was). I poured a little bit of sepia ink spray onto my mat and used a piece of ordinary kitchen sponge to ink over the entire surface. The photo doesn't do it justice as it does have a lovely gleam to it. Once it was dry, I again used the Visible Image 'cracked' stamp around the edge and one of the cogs from the same stamp set for the centre. When I held it against the main piece, the numbers were lost so I cut a circle on the Cameo to fit behind the numbers from plain brown card. I ran it through an embossing folder from Ali Reeve and used Creative Expressions 'enchanted gold' gilding wax to bring out the detail.
Finally, I used a pokey tool to make 4 holes in the backing for the brads to give it some interest - and to hold the card stock onto the backing :-) The clock kits from Ali Higginbottom come with all the clock parts too so it is now sitting on my wall ticking away nicely :-)
Hope you like today's little project.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today