Morning all and welcome to my blog. I am going to try and embellish my blog posts a bit more as I normally just give a brief description of each card where as when I browse other peoples blogs, I see that they put a lot more information on, so here goes and wish me luck :-)
If any of you don't tweet or don't understand how friendships can be formed using just 140 characters, then you've not given it a fair chance and you've not met my wonderful Twitter Sister @jax1369. To say we have become firm, long term best mates via twitter is an understatement. We communicate via BlackBerry Messenger every day and now they have the new option of BlackBerry Chat via the service, we can actually speak to each other too - mostly by mistake as one of us has hit the button in error but that's by the by.
Jax has a love of all things Gothic; I've met her husband - he has too. NOOOO, I am not saying Mad Dog is Gothic - he'd abuse me in an email if I did. I mention it as I needed an image suitable for them both so when I saw this "Skully Santa" Digistamp which is available here I knew it was the perfect design.
I opened up Docrafts Designer and used a backing paper from one of the Papermania Capsule Collection cds and used one of the overlays to give the paper an appearance of texture. I added the "Christmas Wishes" digistamp to the bottom of the sheet and printed it out onto a cream coloured linen paper.
I tore the edges of the paper to make it fit onto an 8 x 8 card. Using Tea Dye Distress ink, I edged the paper and bought the colour into the centre of the paper to give it the aged look. The used some "sepia" spritz spray very lightly to add another feature.
The topper was printed onto Clarity Stamp Theuva card and coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers. Edges were torn after the colouring and again edged with Tea Dye Distress ink pad.
I went around the card blank with the same ink pad, then curled the corners of the backing paper before attaching to the card blank.
I cut the snowflake from a Spellbinders die set onto antique gold mirri card and then dabbed over it with Cranberry alcohol ink. I am pleased with the result as I didn't want a completely covered look.
All in all, I am really pleased with how this card fell together and it was a nice change from doing 'traditional Christmas' designs. Hope you like it too